Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Boston Qualifiers

I spent the weekend with Adam. What a character! I enjoyed being with him. He is a real companion. He loves hamburgers and ate 3 of them on Saturday. He also had a sausage biscuit for breakfast. He has on Braxton's helmet and was riding his bike. The weather was perfect and we were enjoying time outside. His brothers and Dad were in Moab so he enjoyed being the only child. Sid is very jealous that the sandhills are not Dusty's only place of recreation. We are looking forward to seeing them this weekend. Keith is coming from Dallas so everyone is congregating,
We have four birthdays this month. Cole turned 7. Jess and Matt also celebrate birthdays this week. The funniest story is about Cameron's birthday. His birthday is tomorrow. I sent Lily a few things because she is my favorite granddaughter. Cam called me to ask me if I made a mistake by sending her a gift. He wondered if I had forgotten that it was his birthday this month and not Lily's. He couldn't understand why she got something and not him. Sid said that he better get used to it.
Holly is approaching the finish line. Adam was very patient and we enjoyed watching the runners go by us.

Here is Holly with her friend Jen. Even though Holly got sick toward the end of the race, she finished it and still qualified for Boston with her time. This was Jen's first maraton so it was quite an accomplishment for her. I was just amazed how strong the runners finished after running for 26 miles. It made me tired just watching them. They both did great. Holly was disappointed, but I thought she did fine!



No comments: